Monday, July 27, 2009

Prayers of a HOPEFUL 3 year old

Jason and I have been talking about baby #3 and we think that we'll start trying in Dec. That will make Jonas and Baby 2 1/2 years or more apart which I think will be good. Maddie already is a little mommy and I think by the time another baby comes she'll be GREAT!!! So today she said, and she has said this before, "Mommy, I want you to have another baby in your belly." And since the topic has been opened I went with it.
Me: "So Maddie, you would like another baby in our family?"
MJ: Yes Mommy!!
Me: Would like another boy baby or a girl baby?
MJ: A girl baby.
Me: So you would like a sister?
MJ: We have a sister. ME! I'm a sister but I want a sister.
Me: So you have a brother and now you would like a sister?
MJ: Yes mommy!!

So then I took the opportunity to explain that Heavenly Father blesses us with whatever he sees that we need for our family. I told her that if Heavenly Father thinks that we need a girl then we'll have a girl or if He thinks that we need a boy then we'll have a boy.

MJ: Well I want HF to give us a girl.
Me: I think I'd like another girl too.
MJ: (In Prayer says) Dear Heavenly Father, please bless mommy with a baby girl in her belly. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
MJ: Mommy, I say I prayer for you to have a girl, K?
Me: (Laughing) Oh, ok sweetie. Thank you!!

1 comments:

Kara said...

Let's hope for the best. I still remember the tantrum I threw when my mom found out she was having a boy. (I was six) :)