Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Close Call !!!!!

Two weeks ago there was an Enrichment activity at the park and the whole family was invited. So we had dinner there and some friends had an ice cream making ball thingy and so we all kicked it around for a while and then TAH DAH!!! We had ice cream. Well this park wasn't a park with a playground, it was just an open field with a covered picnic area but some of the parents brought some balls and things to play with but of course, Madison being her typical self, got into a little trouble while we were there. I had been watching her and checking on her quite often b/c I know how Maddie can be. She had been running and playing with some of the kids that were kicking around a HUGE oversized soccer ball. So one minute I saw her playing with them then the next I didn't see her anywhere. I started scanning over the whole park and then I see her, she was already on the other side of the parking lot. I started yelling for her to come back but she just ignored me. So then I start walking towards her and she sees me coming so she starts running from me. At this point she is pretty much just a few feet away from the road so I start running like I have never run before and she starts running along the road but as I approach her she runs harder and now towards the road, I grab her arm and she goes limp but I jerk her up and grab her. The fear that I felt was like NO other. I almost started crying b/c I was so scared. Everyone was so surprised at how fast she got that far. It wasn't a small distance that she went and it wasn't a short distance that I had to run to grab her. I think if I would have noticed that she was missing a few seconds later that she would have been IN the road and probably have gotten hit. What a blessing it was that something told me to check on her again. What a CLOSE CALL!!

0 comments: