Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WHAT AM I TO DO?!?!?!

I'll start out telling you that the pics are better than the story but the pictures just don't do it justice. On Saturday I had a long night with Jonas so when Maddie woke up Sunday morning I was still asleep and Jason got up with her. I was awoke by a lot of banging around in the bathroom so I got up and much to my surprise, I was faced with this...
So if you can't tell, it's VASELINE...Everywhere. So here she is with vaseline all in her hair. Greasy, oily, water-resistant VASELINE!!!! What am I to do?!?!?!?! We have to be at church in just a few hours, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET IT OUT???

Well I stripped her clothes and wiped her body off with a towel and then I ran my hands thru her hair to remove as much as I could doing that. Then I just threw her in the tub and then ran to my computer to google what would get vaseline out of hair.

The best idea I read was using dish liquid but I didn't want to try that b/c Maddie fights to have her hair washed and using that it would probably get in her eyes and burn so I tried idea #2 and that was Baking Soda. So here she is with Baking Soda in her hair or is that George Washington in his powdered wig??

Well I did this process 4 times but it didn't really do much so Maddie went to church looking like a Grease Monkey. Here is what she looked after the bath.
Well since then she has gotten a bath every day with dish liquid. I just explained to her that she had to let me wash her hair and that I had to use special shampoo that could burn her eyes if she's not real still. Just incase any of you need this in the future, use the dish soap. It made a huge difference. She is less of the Grease Monkey and more my precious Maddie with every wash.

2 comments:

CatNicHarpBuchBeach said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! WOW, I don't know what else to say. Wow. She is full of fun huh?

The Robinson Family said...

I am so glad that you posted these pictures. When you told me about it on Sunday, I didn't realize the extent to which she put vaseline in her hair. Man...she got it good! I am glad to see that it has finally gotten out of her pretty hair. Kids and the things they put us mothers through!!