Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hand, foot, and mouth...

So have you guys ever heard of this...hand, foot, and mouth disease? I know Carmen, Krissy and Cathryn have since they had this unpleasant experience last summer. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what it was. WELLLLL, now it's my family's turn with this unpleasant stuff.
Last week Maddie had a fever of 102 and she just wasn't herself (the normal, high energy little girl) and she also had two little sores inside her bottom lip. We didn't really think anything of it b/c she is cutting her two last molars. Well then on Monday, I started having a sore throat but Jason had one last week as well and so I just thought that he had given it to me. Then these sores popped up in my mouth but I thought it was from stress which I had said in my blog the other day. Then last night, I started complaining to Jason how all this stuff started all at once with the sore throat and the sore in my mouth and NOW I have these little blistery pimples on my hands and feet and they hurt. Then Jason mentions that it sounds like Hand, Foot and Mouth.
So this morning, I look at Maddie's mouth and her sores were gone but there were little pimples on her feet and hands but were almost gone. So then I do a search for it on Web MD and to a T it was describing what I had. I also called the doctor to make sure that there wasn't anything that we needed to do but she agreed that it did sound like hand, foot, and mouth. And that there isn't really anything you can do but stick it out and let it run it's course (about a week), which sucks b/c my mouth hurts so bad. I don't wanna eat or speak or brush my teeth. PAINFUL!!
Well when Jason came home I told him that he was right and it was H,F, and Mouth. Then we started trying to figure out where Maddie got it and then we realized that Jason had a sore throat and sores in his mouth and he remembered that he had some little bumps on his hands a week or two earlier. So we got it from him but where he got it...who knows. But to all you guys out there just be aware of the symptoms: fever, sore throat, sores in or around mouth, blistery pimples on hands and feet and occasionally on buttocks. Yeah, it's not fun!!

0 comments: