Friday, May 29, 2009

A lot of catching up to do...

Mother's Day

Yes, I'm starting all the way back to Mother's Day. Well actually the Thursday before Mother's Day...Maddie's Pre-School Class had a little party for the Mom's. We had muffins and received some gifts. Here is a picture of Maddie with those items:


As you see on her right is a purplish-blue and pink painting that she did all on her own. She chose her colors and the painting tool which she is very proud to say that she got to use a paint roller. This was done on a real painting canvas so it can be framed and kept for years. Next is the item that she is holding, which is probably my fav out of the three. It's obviously a painted flower pot but this is no ordinary flower pot!! This one is OHHH SOOOO SPECIAL!!! This one holds something so sweet and dear that when the teacher handed it to me, I got a little teary-eyed. Each little flower, ladybug, frog, and butterfly was made with Madison's own little fingerprint. And at the top it says I <3 you (the heart is also her fingerprints). I'm usually not a sappy kinda person but I tell ya, getting your FIRST EVER "Mommy I made this just for you" gift will make the best of 'em cry. I will treasure it forever. And as I told my mother-in-law...it will be a sad day when that thing breaks, cuz I know it will...ONE DAY but no matter what even if it shatters and I have to glue it a hundred times and you can't even tell what it is anymore, I will never get rid of it.
The other gift to Maddie's left is a cute little card that has a poem inside called Handprints and as you can tell the front of the card is a flower made from Maddie's handprint with a few more ladybugs and a butterfly with her finger. This card is also very touching, another tear-jerker.
I think the reason that the two gifts with the hand and finger prints are so special to me is b/c when Madison was born, at that hospital, they didn't do the hand and foot prints and we didn't realize that until she was older and we never did them ourselves which now I regretted but this was a special surprise.
Here are some up close pictures of the flower pot:



Now on to real Mother's Day...
We went to see Jason's mom on Saturday night and stayed there. We went to church in our old ward in Hope Mills, where his Dad and Tresea and Grandma Joyce go as well. On Mother's Day, they always giveout something. Chocolate, a flower or something. This year it was a Mum, which normally I don't like but this was a long living flower and it was purple and actually kinda pretty but I didn't really appreciate it until I got my gift from Jason and the kids which was a NEW CAMERA!!! I have been wanting a new camera and well complaining about the old one but I didn't really think that I'd get one. BUT I DID!!!! I love it!!! It's great!!! I'm super camera happy again. I also got a new bracelet from Sharon though it was "suppose" to be from the kids it's very pretty. I like it, it's very "mom-ish" which I'm in that stage of life now. It's pink leather multi straps with a silver heart charm that says MOM. Here's a picture: Thank You, Sharon!!!

So after church and gift exchanges, we headed off to the cookout that Carl and Sharon held for the whole family on both sides. Oma came too, oh yeah Oma is what the kids call Sharon's mom instead of Great Grandma b/c she's German(100%). Well that was pretty much it for Mother's Day but it was a good one. Best one so far I think!!! Oh and Jason, Thank you again, sweetie for the camera. I really do love it and I love you!!! XOXOXOXO

And I love my babies and I'm so glad to be their Mommy!!

1 comments:

C. Leah said...

Wow, you had a nice Mother's Day! ;) I love those things Maddie made...and I'm like you, I get teary-eyed over that stuff.

My kids call Ronnie's Mom O-ma too!!