Saturday, May 30, 2009

Petting Zoo

On Friday, May 15th the kids and I went to a different Strawberry patch than we normally go. It was our Play Group Activity. So a few kids from church and their Mom's came to pick some strawberries. Since we had already picked some this season, I wasn't much into picking them, plus all the good ones were gone. We pick one some pint bucket full and that was it. At this farm they too had a small petting zoo. The kids enjoyed that much more than the strawberry picking. Here's what they had:

Maddie just loved that she could get this close to them and pet them.
She hugged and kissed this baby.

Maddie feeding the Momma Goat some hay.


Here is Maddie(above) and Jonas (below) petting and feeding the goats hay.



The kids checking out the bunnies. Jonas just giggled when the bunnies would hop around.


Some pictures of the beautiful peacock that was there. I was so excited that I actually caught a pic of him with his feathers all fanned out. There's just something amazing about peacocks, well I think there is anyway.


I've got to add this little story. Well Maddie was just capativated with the goats and so I was showing Jonas the peacock. Maddie was standing right behind me and all of a sudden she let out a loud sqeaul, followed by crying and tears. I asked her what was wrong but she just can't crying but when she finally calmed down a little she told me that the mommy goat ate her hair. LOL I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. Yes, I laughed. The momma goat would put her front legs up on the gate and could lean out some and so Maddie was standing there and she grabbed her bangs and started to chew. I think it scared Maddie more than it really hurt. We both laughed about it once she had gotten over it.

1 comments:

Kara said...

That story made me laugh out loud too! She'll probably remember that forever! :)