Thursday, October 16, 2008

The waiting and waiting and waiting game

Ok so as I'm hoping that you read in the last blog which was about our trip to Fayetteville, I had mentioned that I wanted to get our pictures done while we were there. Why do we get them done in Fayetteville instead of G'ville, you ask? Well b/c we are POOR and JCPenney's has the best deal (if you have the right coupon). Our JCP doesn't have a photography studio here in G'ville so that's why we wait until we are in Fay. OK so I called and made the appt as soon as they opened at 10am on Monday and I set the appt up for 3:30 that afternoon. Well around 1pm they called me and told me that someone is sick and has to go home. They asked if I mind if they push it back to 4pm and I said that would be fine and she said that they would give me a free 8x10 and a free internet access to order more online or whatever and I said ok great, no problem. So we get there at 4pm on the dot and there is only one person working and she's with someone at the moment and tells us that she's finishing up with them. So we wait. She finishes with taking their pictures and then she goes with them to the computer to load them and enhance and all that crap and so we are still waiting (30 mins) Ok so now it's our turn and we go in and she takes like 4 pictures of us as a family and then she leaves again and she's gone like 45 mins. By this time it's dinner time for the kids and they are restless. So now she tries to take more family pictures of one hungry, fussy 7 month old and a restless, crazy and uncooperative 2 year old and 2 very impatient parents. So can you imagine what our pictures are like at this point. So we stop her and tell her that we have to feed Jonas or all of his pictures will be just a crying baby. So at this point we had been there AT LEAST 2 hours and who knows anyone who has children especially young children like ours who can sit still and listen and smile after 2 hours and it is now past dinner time and close to bedtime. This girl was crazy and obviously does NOT have children if she thinks that these kids should or would behave and do what she has asked them to do. Thankfully Jonas was better after he ate but Maddie was pretty much a lost cause. So while we feed Jonas, she took some pictures of Maddie which I didn't ask for b/c we just had her 2 year old pics done 3 months ago. But she does some of those and then leaves again and by this time Jonas was finished eating but what do we have to do? WAIT!!!
She comes back and takes Jonas' pics which turned out just ok in my opinion, but there is one that we did buy that is just sooooo cute. He's standing up holding onto my hand and Jason's hand. I'll post it on here when they are emailed to me. But anyway, so after Jonas' pics, I had asked for the kids to have some together in there ECU outfits. So she took those and I wasn't impressed with those either but I think it was just b/c Maddie was just beyond tired by this point. But finally the picture taking was OVER. But it wasn't over. She told us that we had to wait for her to load the pictures on the computer and that b/c she had taken soooo many it would take a while. Oh yeah I didn't tell ya this...Ok so before we started taking any pictures I told her that I like more action pictures that capture our personalities in them rather than the style that we've had in the past. And she says oh yes, that's the kind I take blah blah blah. So I was thinking that we were going to get some good but fun pictures and well you know how I feel about them. But going on with what I was saying earlier...so she said that it would take a long time to load ALL the pictures that she had taken of us and also to enhance them (which I don't care about b/c they are more than we can afford right now). Well she kept saying over and over that she took so many and tried to take really good pictures b/c we've had bad experiences there and she wanted to make sure this one was a good one. First of all I didn't say that I had a bad experience, I just asked for a different style of pictures so she just took it upon herself to do whatever she was trying to do but after being there for 3 1/2 hours at this point, that "good experience" had been thrown out the window a loooong time ago. So anyway, we have to wait again until she done doing whatever on the computer and during this she brings back another family and takes their pictures in like 10 mins. And she says that we are still waiting for all our pictures to load. So like 4 walks around the store and 2 escalator rides later with Maddie (25 mins later) we are able to finally see our pictures on the computer. So we look thru those and are quite disappointed but we decide which ones to get and now we have to wait on her again b/c she's loading and enhancing the other families photos. Then she comes to which us from the viewing screen to the order screen while she was doing that the other family comes to view their pictures and she just stays with them and helps them out and we are just standing there again waiting on her so we just took it upon ourselves to add in the sizes of pictures we want even though that's part of her job. At this point we were raging mad b/c she kept helping the other family and ignoring us so Jason just says, ok we are finished now. So then she asks the other family if it's ok if she can go check us out. So then there was some confusing b/c one person on the phone told me one thing but she didn't think that is how it was supposed to be but I set her right. She was trying to cheat me out of some stuff that the other girl said she'd give me for changing my appt. Anyway so the whole checking out process took forever. So when we finally walked out of JCP's it was 8:20pm. So start to finish it took us 4 hours and 20 mins. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? 4 hours with a 7 month old and a 2 year old. I was sooo irritable and Jason was fuming. There were a few things that we had planned to do after the pictures but we couldn't do any of them then. We just took the kids back to Grandaddy's house and feed them dinner and put them to bed. What a crappy day!! But that's the end of my novel!! Thanks for reading and sorry it was so long but when something is 4 hours, it's going to take a while to write about it.

1 comments:

C. Leah said...

Wow, that is awful!!! I can't believe all that happened to you guys..what a nightmare!

So um...are you going back to that JCP to have pictures done again? :) hehehe