Thursday, July 16, 2009

Madison's Birthday Party (June 27)

Sorry that it took me this long to post all this but here it is finally. I have already blogged about Maddie's birthday which was June 23, so if you missed that just scroll down and you should find that. Maddie's party was on Sat. June 27th and she had a ton of fun. The day started out with breakfast and doing a few things here and there to get ready for the party. Maddie wanted to have a dress-up party with her friends so she get dressed in her Cinderella dress that morning. Her hair was still in curlers from the night before. I had a little surprise gift for her to open early. She had been wanting some glass slippers so I had gotten them for her and decided to let her open them before the party so she'd have the whole outfit from head to toe. Here she is after opening them.

As the day went on, we had our family members arriving. We had a house full. Grandad and GiGi (my parents) and my sister Laura came. My brother wasn't able to make it. Then Jason's side of the family came. Grandaddy, Tresea, and Morgan brought along with them Grandma Joyce and Great Grandaddy. Grandma and Oma (Jason's mom and her mother) were there too. Regretfully, I don't have any pictures of our family members at the party. I guess I was busy trying to get everything together.
Shortly after our family arrived, Maddie's friends started arriving too. Her friend Isabela came and Maddie was excited b/c Bela played dress up with her. Here is Maddie as Cinderella and Bela as Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).

Here are all the kids playing outside in the pool and in the MoonWalk. We had Bela and Emily who are from church and also Lucas whose parents we know from the PA program. And then our two of course, Maddie and Jonas.


After playing outside for a while, we came in and started with the cake. Maddie asked for a Princess Castle Cake. So here she is blowing out her 3 candles. Check out those CHEEKS!!!

Here's what the cake actually looked like...



Maddie waiting for her piece of cake.


Jonas enjoying his.

**We seemed to have not gotten a picture of Maddie eating her cake so if any of you did catch one please let me know so that I can get it from you.


Here is a picture that I took of Maddie when she woke up that morning and she saw the cake for the first time. She ran up to me and said with a gasp, " Oh, Mommy it's so pretty!!!" This is also the only picture that you actually get to see her curls b/c after the heat and pool, the curls were no more.



I also added this picture b/c I thought it was just so cute of a (cupcake)cake. I didn't make this, I picked it up at my local wal-mart store. Maddie had a little party at her pre-school the Thursday before for birthday and we took in this cake. I loved it so much of course b/c we call her bug and it just fit. Maddie loved it and so did all the other kids at school. But I thought I'd add it so you guys could see just how cute it was as well.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I read your post about “cake drama” and didn’t know what to expect with the cake... you said you weren’t any good at cake decorating, but I disagree. I think the cake turned out very well!! The time you put in to making it was definitely worth it.