Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time has flown by

It's only 2 weeks until Jonas turns ONE!!!!



I can't believe that it's even time to post something like this but it is. It seems as if it should only be 6 months that has past but it's been almost a whole year. What a wonderful little boy I have. He is sooo sweet. He loves to give hugs and it just makes me melt. He is smiley and flirty. He loves to be cuddled but he's also good at just hanging out in his room and playing with his toys (or Maddie's room). I know that all mothers feel this way but can't put into words of just how much I love my baby boy. I don't even want to think about what it will be like to send my little boy (no matter how big) off to school or mission or heaven forbid, MARRIAGE!! LOL It will break my heart. I know it may sound like I love him more than Madison but it's just different. There's just something about my little boy. I suppose that it's what Jason feels about his little girl.



You know I never thought that it would be like this. I was totally not happy to find out that I was pregnant a month after Madison had turned 1. I felt like I just had a baby, just like I feel now with Jonas, how it doesn't feel like a year. I mean she was still just a baby and there I was getting ready to do this all over again. BUT boy am I glad now!!! I can't believe that I wasn't happy about this little person coming into our family. I can't and don't want to think about what life would be like without him. Sometimes I look at him and think about those times and feel so evil for ever thinking that way. Though things weren't all hunky-dorie at first. It was hard trying to comfort a colicky baby that just wouldn't stop crying. And I just want to give a shout out to Jason's parents and mine too b/c we were both colicky and so I just want to say THANK YOU for NOT KILLING US!! LOL No but seriously, it's rough!! But we made through those times and now here we are with the first milestone of birthdays.



Well I guess I'll end by saying, Jonas, Mommy loves you with all her heart!! You are a very special little boy. I'm glad you are mine.


And I'll dedicate this to all the mothers out there who just aren't ready for there little ones to grow up, however old they may be.

0 comments: