Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yeeeenaa!!!

I never really liked my name when I was younger, well ok I HATED IT. Ohh how I would have done anything to be a Kelly or Heather or Amy, anything but LENA!!!! It was a "grandma" name as I was told on more than one occasion. Well as I got older and out of high school, I started to not hate it as much and now I like it. It's different and well it's no surprise, so am I. But enough about all that. Let me get to the point now...so like I said, I like my name now but you know it hits something inside me when a little voice yells, "YEEEEEENA" and usually from her bedroom at nap time or bed time. Yeah so Maddie has recently realized that Mommy and Daddy aren't our real names. Though I'm not sure why she only seems to call me by my real name and not Jason as well. She is already doing things just to get at me. Oh I"m so excited for those teenage years. YIPPEE (sarcastically)!! So yes it is like a DAGGER to the HEART when she calls out YEEEENA instead of MOMMY. I feel that the title of mommy is a reward and it's like she's saying I don't deserve the title. I know she's 2 and she has no idea what she's doing, or that it's not right and that she just thinks it's funny or she doesn't know why she can't call me that too but I'm her mommy and I love being so but anyway. I know I shouldn't if I want her to stop doing it but I do laugh. I'm more laughing at how she says it. It's cute. So I know I should just ignore it, move on and remember that I just glad to be HER Yeeena.

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Heh. Natalie's too busy saying "Ugh! DANG IT!" ... lol Good times.

Megan said...

When Whitney is around her cousins she calls us "Aunt Meggie" and "Uncle Tommy" because that's what her cousins call us. I'm glad y'all have a blog now so we can show Whitney pics of Maddie!

Ashlie said...

Lena! I'm so excitd you guys have a blog!!!!! I LOVE hearing your alls family stories. Miss you guys!

Kara said...

Great start Lena! (It's Kara Thayn) We just joined the blogging world also, so family could see our kidlets when they're so far away. I'll e-mail the site to you! Great stories! Maddie is adorable!