Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY !!!!

Well Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. I hope you don't get pinched a lot if you didn't wear green, but shame on you if you didn't. Still, I hope everyone has a great day. Too bad it's so gloomy. I just wanted to post a few pictures of the kids in their green. Maddie and I decorated our front door so I have a few of that as well. At the end I'll share a memory from a St. Patty's day from a long time ago. Oh well Enjoy!!!

Maddie decorating the front door.

Showing off her artwork.


Jonas undecorating the front door. LOL
Maddie with her lucky pot of gold!
Maddie also was excited to go to school today sporting her green and looking forward to some yummy green surprise snacks.
~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~
So on with my story: Whenever St. Patrick's Day rolls around, I always think of this one specfic year. I think it was 1995, I was 15 and attending seminary at 6 o'clock in the morning. So it was of course March 17th and on that day my friend invited me to go back to his house for breakfast. So after seminary we headed back to his house where his mother, Tammy made green eggs and green pancakes for us and the rest of the kids & their Dad. We also had green Kool-Aid to drink. I wasn't from a family that really celebrated anything but birthdays and halloween, thanksgiving and christmas, oh and easter. But I guess that they had more of a reason to celebrate this day, they, the parents, were both from Irish backgrounds. Well I just thought that it was so neat so Tammy invited me back for dinner that night. So after school and homework, Grant, my friend, came and picked me up on his four wheeler and we went wheelin for a little while and then to dinner. I was so surprised when I walked in the door. Green candles lit everywhere with green glittery garland and green place mats and napkins. I mean it was green everywhere. And of course it didn't stop there. For dinner, we had cornbeef with green mashed potatoes, cooked cabbage, green rolls and pictacio ice cream for dessert. It was amazing all that she did just to have a real cool and different day. I know that she has no idea that I thought that it was so neat and that I still remember it even 14 years or so later. I loved that woman and that whole family. So just for them Happy St. Patrick's Day, Layton Family!!!

0 comments: