Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's ok, you can laugh too

So going back 2 weeks ago, on Monday, April 6th which is the same day that the Tar Heels won the National Championship, GO HEELS, but anyway the day started out the same as always. We woke and had breakfast. I decided to give the kids their baths in the morning so that we could get them to bed earlier than usual so we could sit down and watch the game that evening. So after their baths I let them go outside so they could warm up in the sun. In the early morning it had poured down rain for like 15 mins but then it was so beautiful outside. As the kids were playing outside, I was folding some laundry and could see Maddie from the window but I could only see her back. So as I'm folding the clothes, I keep hearing her laugh and it just goes on and on and on, so of course I had to go see what was so funny. I walked out onto our patio and I almost had a heart attack. This is what I saw!!!!


Do you see now why I almost had a heart attack?? I had just given them baths. Sure it was funny, and I did laugh after the initial shock was gone. But I just couldn't believe it!!! Maddie was digging in the mud and flinging and throwing it on Jonas. And of course Maddie was laughing at this b/c, I mean LOOK at Jonas!!! But he didn't seem to mind. He actually started crying when I took him in to give him ANOTHER bath. But seriously, when I went out there, all I could see of Jonas' face was his eyes blinking. Poor little guy!! It was all in his mouth, ears, and his eyes too. And of course, Maddie was clean except her knees down and her hands and a little on her clothes but they both had a second bath. See...


Well after baths, it was then time for Jonas' nap. While I was in his room trying to get him to sleep, Maddie put her clothes on and decided to help herself to a snack. The chosen snack was a Strawberry Milkshake Pop-Tart. Apparently, her busy morning was just to much for her so this is what I found when I came out of Jonas' room.She had fallen asleep on the kitchen counter!!! Can you believe this??? I couldn't!! I kept saying her name and nudging her, thinking that she was just playing opossum b/c she got caught up on the counter getting her own snack. (Note the pop-tart there beside her.) But she really was asleep. I don't know what she was thinking. I mean the couch was 10 steps away and she couldn't climb down and go lay on the nice soft couch?? I don't know, maybe she's narcoleptic. LOL J/K Thought it was a funny story so I wanted to share. Maybe someone out there needs a laugh at my expense. HAVE AT IT!!! :o)

1 comments:

CatNicHarpBuchBeach said...

LOL oh my gosh that is so funny!!! I love the pictures of the mud! LOL and falling asleep on the counter.... priceless.