Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One happy little girl!!!

On Easter weekend we headed to Charlotte and stayed with my parents. We drove up on Thursday after Maddie's Easter Party at school. Our plan was to go to the Columbia Zoo on Friday and then on Saturday, Jason's cousin was getting married in Columbia as well, which was our main reason for going. So this was Maddie's first time going to the zoo and she was way excited. I think I was more excited though just to be able to take her and see her reaction. There were 2 things that she was really anxious to see. Can you guess what they were?? Oddly enough they were the crocodiles and owls. So of course we HAD to take some pictures of those, so here they are...

The second picture does have the croc in it, on the right of Maddie. There is a restaurant in the back there too. We had lunch there which was neat b/c we sat right there at that window that you see and so Maddie was watching the crocodile the whole time. She liked that.

One other thing that she really liked was petting these turtles. She stayed there a looong time. She didn't want to leave.



And when she saw this little guy, she had to have her picture taken with him.

We also got to see a baby giraffe which I could have bought home with me, he was so cute. We also saw zebras, elephants, (the following not pictured)monkeys, bears that were wrestling(it was cute), a seal, penguins, koalas, wallabies, lions, baboons (which I have a funny story about).


Here is a picture of one of my favorite things...frogs. I just think they are so cute, this one especially.


Here's a picture of the kids together.


And the family at the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC.

1 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

I know that Maddie was lovin' the owl! I am glad that she was able to see one! Looks like you guys had a great time!